13 August, 2006

No more Star 101.3

If you are in Australia, that is.

Sometime last year I went looking for a decent Internet radio station, as I'm often online on my laptop, but not ofter near radios or reliable reception. I found Star 101.3 FM, and it was good. It happens to be based in the US.

My day would often begin with info bytes from John Tesh followed by hours of music (ok, sometimes they play the same music ;-). When I'd hear "Don Bleu in the morning", I'd know I'd stayed up a bit too late!

Recently Star 101.3 pulled the plug for international listeners "due to licensing restrictions". Ok, I can understand that may well be the case, and I'm glad it lasted as long as it did. If you are in the US you can still listen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't know who I am, but I just found your blog when searching for a way to listen to Star 101.3 while in China. Bummer that they had to pull it; it was one of the only stations I ever listened to in the States. Guess I'll have to keep up with mainstream American music elsewhere =_=

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know here in the United States we can still listen to Star 101.3 online http://www.star1013fm.com/main.html